Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 90th Farver!



Lisa here. This Saturday is my grandfather's (better know as "Farver") birthday. Farver will be 90 years old. Here he is with my brother Con and my Nan (I swiped this photo off of someone's Facebook - I think my cousin Tina's). Nan and Farver have been married for 66 years which is pretty amazing.

Nan and Farver live in England and don't travel as much anymore so we don't get to see them as much as we would like. But I know they read the blog so here's to you Farver on your 90th birthday - we are thinking of you out here in the Bahamas.

Here's some memories of Farver...

Bringing us our very first colour television down from London.

Visiting him in his scrap metal yard in London where he would give us huge steel ball bearings (we thought they were marbles).

Farver falling asleep on our front lawn in England and Dad crossing his arms over his chest and putting a cross made of stick in the ground at his head while us kids sprinkled him with daisies. He lay like that in the front garden for ages.

Mowing the lawn for hours at my Parent's house in the States becuase he likes the ride-on mower.

My Dad catching him climbing up our roof when he was in his 80's because he needed to get some work done up there.

Regaling Mark with his stories of being in the Army during the 2nd World War. Most of the stories I can't repeat :-) But I did find it sweet that he kept going AWOL from where he was stationed. He missed Nan too much so he kept going back to London to see her.

Happy birthday Farver!! We miss you!

4 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Very sweet memories.

tammi said...

Haha, the 'dead sleep' memory is the best!! How could he sleep through all the laughter??!!

Sounds like a very special man; you're so fortunate to have him in your life.

Mama Smurf said...

Wow...66 years...amazing! What's their secret to a successful marriage?

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What great memories