Thursday, June 25, 2009

For My Nan

This post is from Lisa-Marie and is dedicated to our most loyal blog reader... my Nan. Nan sent me an email two days ago and I still have not replied. Not because I don't love her dearly (which I do), but only because I was waiting to do a post instead because I was waiting for this photo of Emily.


Emily "left the island" a week ago today and I have been missing her like crazy. Before she left we talked about her trying to visit a salon and getting her "Locks of Love" donation while she was visiting her Nanny (my Mum). For anyone reading who doesn't know "Locks of Love" is an organization that collects hair donations and creates natural hair wigs for children who have cancer. Emily has been growing her hair for over two years in order to have the required donation length of 12 inches. Well she did it today. And Granddad sent me a picture. And as if I wasn't missing her enough already she went and got a really grown-up haircut on me and now I am in tears.


4 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I love it... she looks so grown up and gorgeous... very chic

tammi said...

Oh my, she does look like such a young LADY now!! What a wonderful, kind and generous heart she has. You must be so proud.

Sara said...

she is so pretty, and I agreed whit Valley Girl, she is so generous.

TSpats said...

Apple doesn't fall far........the haircut is stunning, and the purpose? Sublime. Brava!