Monday, September 14, 2009

Fish Are Jumping

Lisa-Marie here - I know there is probably a quick and easy way using my Mac to edit this video and only keep the end part where you can actually see the fish jumping and don't have to experience all of the dizzying zooming that I was doing - but I am not friends with my Mac yet and am not spending time with him (at least I am assuming it's a him - he's stubborn and willful like a few other men that I know), so therefore you will have to get sea sick as you wait for the good bit.


The fish and seagull video was filmed at the request of Mark only so he could say to my Dad - "the fish are jumping in to the seagulls mouths but you still can't catch one!", to which Dad replied something that is unprintable on the blog but included the frequently uttered words "...only a bloody Scotsman".



But there's more... yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day here. The ocean was as still as a lake for most of the morning. Tricia came to pick up Ali from her sleep-over around 11:00am and casually threw out a challenge we could not refuse. It was such a beautiful day why didn't we row our little dinghy down to their house? It's not far and the ocean is so calm today. Emily spent the trip diving off the side of the boat to get in some good snorkeling and then taking a little nap when she got bored. Mark and I alternated rowing but it was mostly Mark since I am so obviously an unfit under-exercised weakling. We arrived at John and Tricia's house (barely) after and hour and 40 minutes of rowing - Mark has blisters on his hands - only a few seconds before an amazing storm hit during which you couldn't see more than 4 feet in front of you out on the ocean. Can anyone say... lost at sea? I have attached the route we took and advise no one try this at home!





2 comments:

tammi said...

Wow, I don't think I knew the ocean could ever be that calm!! Amazing! The comment about the fishing ability (or lack thereof!) is hilarious! I can just imagine my husband and his dad having a similar conversation!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Just watching that video makes me want to head off to the Bahamas again... it has been over a year since going there... I am ready to come back... now, if only I show Mike that video it will egg him on to wanting to go to on a cruise too :)