Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily!



First of all thanks to everyone who took the time to post a message to Emily's blog. She was absolutely thrilled when she got up this morning and saw all those comments. She kept checking back to see if there were more... so there is still time :-) She read every one very carefully and giggled her way through it.

This is my favorite picture of her. It was taken at Alan's (my brother's) wedding after she had gotten fed up with the fancy hairstyle and let her hair down (figuratively and literally as she was quite serious during the ceremony). We were out on the balcony at the reception and Mark was swinging her around in the air. Mark is actually in the original picture but I had cut him out so I could use the photo on Emily Rose and now I can't find the original. This photo captures her personality and spirit perfectly.

My sister put it best when she said in her birthday wishes to Emily, "All our lives changed the day you were born Em...We all were so happy. And you continue to amaze us every day, only now you are a young lady, not a baby." Young lady... scary!

And now Alan and Diane are bringing us one (or maybe two) new members to the club.

Happy Birthday Emily! You are the best!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!! What a beutiful day from a place far from you and your very nice parents: Italy Alba (cuneo). Surely you'll enjoy our wishes when you'll read them on this blog. I often hope to post in this blog and cabrelli's blog.

Love

Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

Thanks for visiting! I will show this to Emily when she gets home from school she will be so impressed. The Cabrelli family is obviously from Italy and we visit Borgo Taro (where the family home is still standing often). Italy is one of our favorite countries.

Grant Elliott said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMY!
hope you are having a great day,
love the Elliotts x x x

Anonymous said...

But it's mervallous!! I don't find your email to write you but I can let our email: manuplasmati@tiscalinet.it.
We live not so far from Borgo Taro!!! I know where this country is! Before wedding I lived in Rome where my parents live now. We are from Gaeta in the south of Italy where sea is very beatiful. Then I married one and half years ago. And I moved in the north-west of Italy in Piemonte near Alba. I would like to write to your family.
I'm looking forward to hear from you. Ciao!!!

Rosie said...

It's a gorgeous photo, she's very stunning.
Can't stop, must hop over to Emily's blog. Sorry about that!!!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Emily is such a a beautiful girl, inside and out. You are very lucky to have her. Happy Happy Birthday Emily!!! Hmmmmm.... Italy sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Em

You're growing up so fast. The last time I saw you I think you were about 4 years old.

Jeff