Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sea Grape Thieves!

Apparently we have become a Bahamas destination. Along with the aquarium in Atlantis and Cabbage Beach we have become a Bahamas "must-visit"... at least that's what it seems like. We were warned but we didn't believe folks until now. Every day we here scuffling and rustling outside our front fence that suddenly stops when we approach. Yesterday we were lured outside by the very loud noise of a huge truck running it's engines sitting right in front of our garden gate. When we went to investigate the truck driver, who had been leaning far out of his window over our fence, quickly ducked back in and drove away. The day before we heard a lady park in our driveway and start calling, "hello?", "hello?" we went to investigate only to find her rustling around outside our front gate.


What does it all mean? Apparently we have the sweetest sea grape tree on the island - and it hangs over our front fence in to the roadway. It is laden with the fruit. It can barely hold it's branches up. We are now feeding the entire Bahamian sea grape lovin' population.


They would be so disappointed if they could only see over our fence. We haven't picked any of them and the patio is covered. Oh the waste! I mean they are good but how many sea grapes can you possibly eat?







BTW - What a rainbow yesterday! All this rain is bringing us so many goodies!



6 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Beautiful rainbow... we'll I think your place is an attraction! Wish I could try those grapes!

Juliet Fieldew said...

Oooh, it sounds so nice... wish I lived in the Bahamas... why didn't I think of that???

I just discovered your blog from Valley Girl's blog. I will definitely keep reading- I need a dose of sunshine right about now, as it's cold and wintry here in Melbourne (Aust!)
You'll probably hear from me again!! :-)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh to be so famous and wanted... if only for your Sea Grapes... never knew you could eat them... I got a plan... I will get all the Sea Grapes from this island I live on... package them up, send them to you and you can have a side of the road stall and we split the profits 50/50 - we would make a killing... one hand I want to try them but on the other hand - not...

Grant Elliott said...

Great rainbow! Do your sea grapes taste good like regular grapes or is it an acquired taste?

Julie said...

Gorgeous picture - what an amazing view!!

Anonymous said...

Ha. I think you should put some kind of funny sign outside the wall! Then set up a hidden camera and see how people react.

Love the rainbow!

What's a sea grape anyhoo?