Sunday, January 25, 2009

What A Week

Lisa here - I was talking to sister Michelle on Friday (as I do most every day) and mentioned that I would be joining Crazy Johnny that night to sing some back-ups for his new band at the club when our friend Tricia called to remind us of the cocktail party that the 3 musketeers (that's me, Mark and Emily ) would be attending that evening downtown. Michelle said something to the tune of, "my, my what a social life we have" and I thought back on the week and realized that we hadn't stopped. We are recovering now and haven't left the house since Saturday morning.

Our best and greatly missed friends Grant and Miranda ran away for a few days (leaving the kids in the capable hands of Grant's Dad George and his wife Alison) and joined us for some mid-week revelry. We had an awesome time. Mostly lots of good food and better conversation. We took them for lunch at Compass Point on the water out West, had a yummy dinner at the Poop Deck, wandered around Atlantis, went out for a night on the town with Tricia, John and their friend Trevor (a delicious dinner at Lucianos and then drinks at Johnny's), a couple of British Breakfasts at The Cricket Club and mostly just hung at the house reading and chatting. Grant even managed to get in a night of playing footie with Mark's outdoor bunch down at the Sand Trap. I was having such a nice time I forgot to take any photos and had to swipe some from Miranda's Facebook account.

Friday turned out to be very busy. We did have a lovely early evening at Tricia and John's cocktail party. It was outside in their office garden downtown. There is really nothing quite like standing amongst lush tropical plants around tall tables laden with crisp, white tablecloths sprinkled with confetti, martini in hand, watching the kids run around barefoot playing hide and seek amongst the palm trees. Well OK I didn't have a martini in hand since I was singing that night but everyone else did so you get the picture. We were invited down the road to their friend Harry's house. Harry has spent two years renovating a tiny two bedroom Colonial cottage in to a gorgeous, peaceful hideaway worthy of starring in a "Better Homes..." magazine. I tried to get photos but they just didn't do justice to the feeling of this place. Let's just say you could imagine walking in with a suitcase and never leaving. It was a beauty.

Emily successfully begged for a sleep-over at Tricia's with her friends so Mark decided to head over to Crazy Johnny's to keep me company. We were out until 3:00am when the band stopped playing so no wonder we haven't left the house since Saturday morning (except to pick up Emmy of course).

All I can think about now is how much work I have to catch up on. It's likely I won't leave the house (or probably sleep much) until next weekend. But it was worth it!






The secret hideaway house.






Ali (John and Tricia's daughter) at the secret Hideaway House.





Miranda and Mark at The Cricket Club.





Grant and us at The Atlantis.






Lunch on the ocean at Compass Pointe.

No comments: