Thursday, May 8, 2008

24 To Go

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..." Elizabeth Barrett Browning said that. I've no idea where this is going but let me tell you that we at Water' Edge really miss Lisa. We now have only 24 hours to go then normalcy will be restored in the Cabrelli household with her return. We do have Mark's Mum here and she does provide emotional comfort but she's actually more like a laborer for the time being. You see since she arrived she's been outside in the garden uprooting anything that looks suspicious or inside cleaning anything that doesn't pass the "white glove" test - so we don't see much of her. So that leaves Mark and Emily in an unsettled state. Everything seems fine. The sun is still shining in Nassau and the water is still crystal clear. But not all is right in paradise. As the Boss says: her brush is in the bathroom, her nightgown's over the chair, her computer's turned on and the gluten free pasta's in the fridge...but she's missing.

Lisa, come home...we miss you.

2 comments:

tammi said...

This is so touching. Lisa's a lucky woman to have two people so openly dependent on her presence in their lives. I know this has been tough on all of you, but it's almost over ~ yay!!! Happy reunioning!

PS. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a mom who insists on doing all sorts of work around here when she comes to visit!!

Mama Smurf said...

My house would SO not pass the white glove test right now....I need a "Mark's Mum" in my life. Do you think she has any burning desire to visit MI? No?