Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hey Dad - There are plenty of fish in the sea...

Lisa here. Mum, Dad, Wayne and Cheryl arrive in just a few weeks. I am sure that Mum and Cheryl will want to lie by the pool or on the beach with their books, but Dad and Wayne will want to fish. Well the fish in these photos aren't big enough to catch - but they do remind you that there are plenty of fish in the sea!

Yesterday as I was emerging on to Granddad's rock after a quick cool down swim in the gorgeously still ocean, I looked down to see thousands - and I do mean thousands - of little silver fish swarming around our patio. They were streaming in from out at sea in a long column. They spent about an hour with us gliding like clouds from one side of the patio to the other. I even had to call Michael and Cindi to come outside and check them out they were so spectacular. Mark jumped in and swam among them for a few minutes and said that there went 12-15 levels deep.





Emily came home late from school yesterday because she spent the afternoon with her friend Claire going door-to-door in Treasure Cove educating our neighbours about their new "Save the Puppies" Club (more on that later). They collected $17 in donations so she was very proud of herself. Anyway - we decided to go for a "before-bed" swim. The moon was out - it was like daylight. If any of the photography blogger readers out there can tell me how to take a photo in the dark without it going all fuzzy it would be greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Those fish are crazy! How spectacular! I love the moonlight photo, and can't wait to hear about Emily's club.

Grant Elliott said...

ask those fish to come back when they are all grown up and you can have a good supper!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, look at all those fish! That is too cool, I can't believe you live there!
Night photography is extremely difficult, that is a great pic.

Anonymous said...

That's a load of fish, hope there were no sharks hanging out waiting to feed! Looking forward to learning about "save the pups".
I remember all the dogs from when I was a child. My first dog was a puppy we found wandering the beach in Green Turtle.

Mama Smurf said...

EEK! I honestly don't know if I could do it. Going for a night-time swim unable to see what creatures lurk under the surface. I'd be a little freaked out about it. But then I'm a freak.

PS...I wasn't linking you with the "bad" list in my post...I was just linking you with the list of people that I wanted to reply to.
Thank you for being supportive and kind.

Mama Smurf said...

Oh yeah...you were probably talking about a night-time swim in your POOL...oops...lol...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You need to encourage them all back... start feeding them... oh... I tried a Sea Grape... spat it out.. sorry...