Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Poor Seawall

Even though Hurricane Ike has by-passed us and is now causing untold damage to Cuba, we are in the midst of a sea swell and high winds that come with the storm's periphery. Although nothing too damaging or harmful, these winds certainly make things extremely uncomfortable. We can only imagine the force that a direct hit would make.

So, no damage so far but the constant pounding at high and low tide must be taking its toll on the seawall. Mark will need to carry out a thorough inspection in a few days once the winds clear. Meantime we'll just hunker down and enjoy the sights.




7 comments:

tammi said...

VERY cool pictures! This has been quite an eventful past week for you ~ I do hope that will be it for a while!!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I love the windy ocean. Looks pretty cool, but I hope things calm down for you soon.

Queen B said...

Oh my! The pictures are great, but I am a teensy bit worried for you!

Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Um, yes, a direct hit would be very scary! I am frightened for you. Stand back next time you go out to take photos! I don't think I'd be as brave!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Was thinking of you all and hoping that it wouldn't hit the Bahamas that you were going to be ok... of course don't want it hitting anyone else... we thought we were going to get it too... thank goodness it turned... oh that sounds awful... I was very nervous and so I am glad that this is all you got... I hate the wind - constant and never ending... take care

Mama Smurf said...

I'm glad Ike mosied on in a different direction!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I always think of the great views when you live right on the water....forgetting the hazards!
Hope all is well.