Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lovely Lucianos

Last night Mark and Lisa went their separate ways (which is a very unusual occurence as you know). Mark had been invited to have a drink with an old colleague from Batelco and some of his friends so Lisa went and had a girl's night with her neighbour, Cindy.

A miracle occurred! Lisa had an amazingly good meal. Expensive... but good!

Lisa and Cindy went to Lucianos which is housed in a gorgeous old Bahamian house right on the bay overlooking Atlantis. No camera (duh!) so no pictures, but if you check out their website you can see how lovely it is. Lisa had Grouper al Piccata and it was tender and moist with just the right amount of a yummy lemon caper sauce. The sauce was gone right before the last bite - which is exactly the way it should be. No tiny piece of fish floating in greasy sauce left-overs on this plate (take note Blue Lagoon). Cindy had Veal Marsala which looked amazing and would have been tasted were it not for the very thick sauce (gluten alert!).

It was a really great meal so Lucianos is definitely on the list. Best of all Lisa actually seems to have made a friend! It took Emily 1 day - Lisa... 3 months. Oh well.

4 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Great you made a friend. Hopefully I can meet her when we're there. And maybe visit Lucianos too? :-)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh... next time I am in the Bahamas I will have to go to this place and try the Veal Marsala - love this... of course I have to have my Conch Fritters too... from that guy George by the big on the way over to the Atlantis

Anonymous said...

Dear Mark and Lisa. One day I hope to visit this place. I always follow you on this blog. Have a good Easter. Now, We are starting for Easter break. we rest at Rome together with my family.
A big hug to you and Emily.

Emanuele and Claudia from Alba - Piemonte - Italy
manuplasmati@tiscalinet.it

tammi said...

Hey, you're getting there! It always takes adults longer than kids to do anything!!! I think you're doing well.

I checked out the restaurant's website ~ looks absolutely FABULOUS!!! I love that shot they have on the wedding page of all the tables dressed in yellow.... beautiful. I love their wedding slogan too, "spend the day you'll always remember at the place you'll never forget" (or something like that!) I can see how that would be the case!

Glad you had a great night out with a new friend!!