Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Through the Lens

Lisa here... one of my favorite bloggers Hallie, who blogs at From the Rubber Room is graciously hosting a photography class on her blog. One look at her photos on her site and you will want to do it too. The first assignment was to "read your camera manual" which I did last night. And... surprise, surprise actually learned quite a few things I didn't know.

Now I am still very much of the belief that you can know everything in the world about photography but if you don't have Hallie's or Keith's eye you won't be able to take good pictures. But feeling inspired by my new knowledge I decided to tackle the Desert Rose. This is my favorite plant in out garden. It has these bare, vulnerable, silver branches that randomly and sparingly sprout these gorgeous flowers from the very tip.

Here's my go... I know I didn't do it justice but I certainly did better than I would have yesterday thanks to Hallie's first lesson. I can't wait for more.


7 comments:

Grant Elliott said...

beautiful! I'll have to check out her site too :-)

Mary Beth said...

You did a wonderful job with this picture - the light coming through the petals is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Well my friend, what a gorgeous shot you took! Just beautiful. See, you're a natural! And I'm glad you're joining us!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot! Thanks for the link :)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ohhhh... I am going to have to check this out... as you may have guessed I love, love, love taking photos... especially now with the new camera...

http://snappyadventures.blogspot.com

Beachy Mimi said...

I just bought a camera so I could add pictures to my blog. That is so funny about reading the manual. I didn't until I had taken a few shots.

tammi said...

Nice job! What a beautiful flower!!