Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Mark!





Today is Mark's birthday. This picture was taken while we were touring the favalas (slums) of Rio de Janeiro - he was thrilled to find a Scotland flag among all the football (soccer) graffiti. When we were entering the slums, we stopped with our guide(a Rio local) at a corner shop where the owner, a large and very happy Brazilian, siezed Mark's arm in an iron grip and told our guide (in Portugese) that Mark could not join the tour because she was taking him home... I know how she feels.

Until a year or two ago Emily thought he was the tallest man in the world (he's 5'10...and a half), she also thought he was the strongest man in the world - and still does.

I think he is one of my two favorite people in the world. Happy Birthday Caro!

8 comments:

Grant Elliott said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!

Mama Smurf said...

Happy Birthday! So how young are you!?

Kristen said...

Have a wonderful birthday! Blessings.

tammi said...

Oh, I hope you had a great day and a very happy birthday!

Mom2Girls said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Mark Happy Birthday from Italy!!! Now I can read this post. I follow your family story and I enjoy you had a great time in Bahamas. A big hug to all family.

Emanuele and Claudia Plasmati from Alba - Italy
manuplasmati@tiscalinet.it

TSpats said...

Happy Birthday Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late, Happy Birthdat!